Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week six, ending July 8

Tue 7/3 5 miles at Cottonwood
Sat 7/7  13.5 miles at Croft. A fun and relaxed run with some new folks and a few I don't get to run with much--Scott, Merle, Tiana, Bo, Joe, Jason (fresh from Western States), Jan, and a couple of others whose names I didn’t get. Super hot and humid, of course. We ran the Camp Croft Half-Marathon course, which is also the first half or so of the Camp Croft Challenge, a race Joe is directing. I signed up for the CCC, so I’ll get in 26 miles July 28.
Sun 7/8 3 miles at Cottonwood
I didn’t think I’d run so little, but the heat has been oppressive. Running in this kind of weather is an extra workout beyond anything I might try to do. It is exactly this kind of wearing out I am trying to avoid. It feels strange to run so little, but I remain convinced this is the way to be ready to roll in May 2013.


Total  21 1/2 miles in 3 runs


"He shook it like a chorus girl,
He shook it like a Harlem queen,
He shook it like a midnight rambler, baby, like you never seen."


No comments:

Post a Comment