Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 11: Nutrition plan, and a cool version of one of my favorite songs

Mon 8/6  3 miles.

Tue 8/7  4 1/2 miles.

Sat 8/11  12 miles at Croft with Carroll. Again, I hit the wall. This business is getting old. I decided that I would develop a nutrition plan the same way I have a training plan. The training comes naturally, the eating does not. I had eaten a huge amount of pasta on Friday evening, and two servings of oatmeal Saturday morning. Still, within a few miles, I was hungry. I ended up eating 6 gels in less than two hours. 

So I came home and made a pile of rice, and cooked up some black beans. I’ll make certain to take enough food for lunch, lots of whole grains, and plenty of calories. I should be eating around 3000 calories a day--yogurts in the fridge at work for snacks, bagels for breakfast, food, food, food. 

from Dairy Ridge: Palmetto to TC's to that lake trail to Lake Johnson Connector to Palmetto

Total: 19 1/2 miles in 3 runs.

Haven't heard this version of this song before, one I sang all week.


"It balances on your head just like a mattress on a bottle of wine."



No comments:

Post a Comment