Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 49: Nice and easy

Mon 4/29  2 miles

Tue, Wed 4/30, 5/1 Woke up nauseous on Tuesday, and full on sick on Wednesday. No sense in running just to keep a streak going, especially at this point. Someone asked me how my "program" is going. I said the program's over, now I'm just in maintenance mode.

Thu 5/2 4 miles, including 8 x 30 seconds hard/30 seconds easy. Felt good to cruise some.

Fri 5/3  One of the most fun days of the year, the downtown crit in Spartanburg. Since the organization I work for puts it on, it's an all-hands-on-deck kind of day, and all day at that. Met for breakfast at 8 am, back home at 12:30 am. No running didn't mean no effort. One of my colleagues had a pedometer: she walked over 40,000 steps--20 miles. My feet definitely felt like it.

Sat 5/4 14 miles at Croft with Scott. May has been unusually chilly, and we ran nice and easy in 45 degree weather. Same loop as last Sunday in the rain.

from Southside: New Edition to Jerry Perry to the Lake Trail to the pool to Hensington to Palmetto.

Sun 5/5 Spent the day at Carowinds with C and Q. Cold and rainy Goodwill Family Day gave great time with the family. 

Total 20 miles in 3 runs

I read a couple of race reports from last year's Ice Age (here and here). both talked about mid-way point doubt: I'll be ready for that point, and feel confident that either I won't have the same depth of doubt or I'll be able to will myself through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment